Pages

August 18, 2010

Rock Fishes


My daughter LOVES rocks.  She will pick them up from anywhere - and points them out no matter where we are.   
Recently, while we were visiting Utah, she and I picked up rocks from this beautiful waterfall we were playing at, and I decided to commemorate the trip by making the rocks into a bit of art for her room.

I used some old brushes and bright acrylic paint. 
I decided to make them into fish so here are few progressions of coats of paint.  The darker colors were easier to paint, and took fewer coats to cover the rock. 
1ST LAYER
2ND LAYER
MID WAY THROUGH DECORATING - WITH THE EYES

FINISHED!  I got a cheap yellow 5x7 frame and glued the rocks to the aqua colored cardstock, let it dry overnight, and hung it in the girls room.   Looks awesome!  I might make rock art with rocks from all the states we visit!


image signature

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute, I love how you've turned your keepsake from a trip into an original and unique way to display them. I totally think you should make a series of these featuring all the places you've been! Just make sure you label them so you remember where you got them:) Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete