Pages

August 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies


Yup, you read that right!  BAAAAACCCCCONNN (drool). 
In Oregon, there is a donut shop called Voodoo Doughnuts - if you have ever been there you will know how decadent everything is.  They have a donut called the Maple Bacon Bar
Two full strips of bacon, on top of a rich maple bar - crazy, but good!
It's the kind of thing you just have to try - because you're on vacation, and it sounds totally weird. 

I started wondering what other desserts people make with Bacon, and after a quick google search, found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Bacon Pecan Cookies (but I skipped the pecans :) ). 


They didn't even make it long enough to get on a plate so I could take a pretty picture!  They were devoured straight off the cookie sheet by grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins until they were gone... :)  Yes, they were that good. 
So, what am I saying dear blogging friends?
Don't think - just DO IT!  Buy the bacon and make them!


image signature

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to try it just because it is so bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. yucky ucky. :) I'm just kidding... I'm sure they are good. I've seen these a lot recently. I should try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound soooo good!! p.s. I'm linking to your school supply clocks tomorrow at Dollar store crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete